Timber and Coppice products can be cut to your specifications, please contact us with your requirements.
a versatile wood that can be cleaved and provides long lasting fencing material without the need for preservatives. Materials can be prepared to your requirements. Please check availability for non-standard lengths.
- Chestnut cleft pales and pickets
- Chestnut gates and rustic furniture
- Chestnut fencing post and rail
Please note that most stock held of Sweet Chestnut is for retail orders, however it is possible to source bulk quantities. Please call to discuss your requirements.
We cleave Oak for various rustic products, such as:
- Pales and Pickets
Green Oak can also be sourced and sawn to specification.
Other Timber and Coppice species
Other timbers can be sourced from the South West region and sawn to specification, such as:
- Western Red Cedar
- Douglas Fir
- Spruce (Norway and Sitka)
Hazel cut from coppice and some restoration of old hazel coppice that has been brought back into rotation. Quantities available will vary from season to season depending on the coppice coups being cut or restored. Please contact with your requirements
- Hazel Hedging stakes
- Hazel Binders and ethers
- Hazel Bean poles
Firewood logs, Kindling & Lumpwood charcoal
Firewood is sustainably sourced from coppice and other woodland sources where its is not saleable as a higher grade wood product. All firewood is seasoned for a minimum of two years after cutting, often longer.
- Charcoal 3kg GBP4.75 each inc. vat (min 5 bags of charcoal for free delivery)
- Netted Logs GBP3.50 each inc. vat
- Netted Kindling GBP3.50 each inc. vat
(min. of 10 netted logs and/or kindling for free delivery)
Delivery coverage for firewood & charcoal is 8 miles from Newton St. Petrock, Devon
Wildlife Nesting Boxes
a wide range of quality built and well designed nesting boxes sourced from an independent supplier.
- Bird nesting boxes for a wide range of species
- Bird of prey nesting boxes for Barn Owls, Tawny Owls and Little Owls
- Mammal nesting boxes for dormice, hedgehogs and bats
- Insect houses for a variety of insects, lady birds, lace wing, bumblebees etc.
- Bird Feeders, ground or wall mounted